Skip to content

slow update

Forums Members Area Help slow update

• Creator
    Topic
    HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant

i just downloaded the 1.7 update on nox but the download speed is EXTREMLY slow it takes like more then 5h and last time it completed it just didnt work. anybody know whatsup?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    amazing355amazing355
    Participant

yes really slow update :( on nox

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant

bump. This shit is still happening on nox and its getting annoying. anybody know how to fix this?

GoofGoof
    Participant

What sort of speeds are you getting if you connect your phone to the same network and download the game?

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    What sort of speeds are you getting if you connect your phone to the same network and download the game?

its like 10x as fast. i know this is a next thing cause in hsadypenguinns last video he also had this problem

GoofGoof
    Participant

Only thing I can suggest is what’s on this page: https://www.bignox.com/blog/cant-connect-to-the-internet-inside-nox/

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant

have no other people on this forum been having this problem? cause i know alot of people who have

and the link you send, i already tried all of that

GoofGoof
    Participant

You can maybe try moving the NOX disk to a fast SSD or even a RAMDisk and see if it improves the speed at all. If not, then this is probably a problem that the NOX devs need to solve…

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    You can maybe try moving the NOX disk to a fast SSD or even a RAMDisk and see if it improves the speed at all. If not, then this is probably a problem that the NOX devs need to solve…

i dont have ssd :/ and thanks for the help anyway

LatoyaLatoya
    Participant

I have this problem, but it is not a problem caused by duelit or gameguardian, just deal with the waiting time, see it as an investement, the bot will give you the “lost” time back

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant
    Latoya wrote:
    I have this problem, but it is not a problem caused by duelit or gameguardian, just deal with the waiting time, see it as an investement, the bot will give you the “lost” time back

problem is my computer has reset multiple times during the process and becaue of it i have had to redownload everything like 4 times already

lukario95lukario95
    Participant

Hey, i’had your same problem bro.
    Solution:
    1. Download Nox 5.0.0.0(the last released)
    2. Download yu gi oh duel links from play store(1.8.0)
    3. When you start duel links *NOT LOGIN WITH TRASFER DATA*, first download package(247/247), after download all update and you start from begin your adventure , you can close duel links, re open and log with transfer data.
    Ps. Reguarding the time of updates , is normally, you are lucky for 5 hours. My nox install update in 13-14 hours.
    * Open ever Nox in Administrator

GoofGoof
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    Only thing I can suggest is what’s on this page: https://www.bignox.com/blog/cant-connect-to-the-internet-inside-nox/
    Goof wrote:

Other things to try:

• Make sure steam, windows or some other program is not trying to update at the same time.
    • Click on the red ‘!’ symbol on the NOX window and fix whatever it’s complaining about. Either VT-x is disabled through BIOS or antivirus or NOX is using the wrong GPU.
    • Open NOX through your firewall or disable it temporarily to see it the update speed improves.
    • If duel links updates faster on your phone, tether your laptop to phone data and see if that helps.
    • Move the NOX VM files onto a RAMDisk or fast SSD.

If it keeps stalling at 100% you’ll need to try Lukario’s suggestion and start the game without data transfer and let it download.

rulonrulon
    Participant
    Hashtagmirin wrote:
    have no other people on this forum been having this problem? cause i know alot of people who have

and the link you send, i already tried all of that

The first time I installed Duel Links within Nox it was slow, maybe an hour… But yeah longer than it took on my phone. And every new event that requires 20mb or more in data takes 10 minutes or more to install. I have an ssd.

Something you can try is to make sure virtualization is turned on in the bios. This problem could be affecting only certain network chips or other computer components. I’ll keep doing research and let you now if I find anything. Thankfully once working Nox and DuelIt work wonderfully.

[attachment=234]
    Out of curiosity I ran a speed test in Nox and it was the same as for my computer (35 Mbps). I wonder why Duel Links takes so long. I’ll keep exploring.

winfieldrockswinfieldrocks
    Participant

Good suggestions everyone. Thanks for being so helpful for people. I my self have not resolved the issue yet but have many things to try as you all have suggested.

winfieldrockswinfieldrocks
    Participant

So I’m pretty sure enabling VT would help me. Only I can’t figure it out. Cannot find bios or vt anywhere on computer.. Done the “f1” on startup thing but no options show up other than simple things. ?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.