Skip to content

Setting up DA wins in Game Guardian

Forums Members Area Help Setting up DA wins in Game Guardian

• Creator
    Topic
    zzyxzzyx
    Participant

Hi all, I needed a bit of help using Game Guardian. Duelit is running fine for me (gets stuck after Vagabond / LD duels) but overall no complaints  :) 

For Game Guardian, I was curious if this is still working up to the latest Yami Bakura patch?  I followed the text + video tutorial step-by-step but neither seemed to work for me.  I tested 2 other videos (searching for my own values and offsetting the list & playing for a bit before surrendering) but still wasn’t able to boost my DA score.

I attached a few images below — does the loaded list look okay? In the other screenshot there’s a few values that were filtered out. The ’10’ values were searching for my deck (only 2 turned out to be the right address and I tried offsetting each of them in separate duels).  Then the ‘100’ values were messing around looking for my life points.

If GG is still working for you guys then I’m pretty sure I’m missing a step or doing something wrong.. any help would be appreciated thanks! Let me know if you need more info too

EDIT: Using GG version 8.26.1 btw, also tried the most recent 8.27.0

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    steilzsteilz
    Administrator
    zzyx wrote:
    Hi all, I needed a bit of help using Game Guardian. Duelit is running fine for me (gets stuck after Vagabond / LD duels) but overall no complaints  :) 

Why is it stuck after Vagabond / LD duels? That sounds like a major issue you shouldn’t have. Can you provide screenshots of that issue?

For the GG part try moving the table/searching the addresses manually:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzejOLQHeII&feature=youtu.be

Other than that you may wanna wait for Goof to give some more professional input.

zzyxzzyx
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    zzyx wrote:

Why is it stuck after Vagabond / LD duels? That sounds like a major issue you shouldn’t have. Can you provide screenshots of that issue?

For the GG part try moving the table/searching the addresses manually:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzejOLQHeII&feature=youtu.be

Other than that you may wanna wait for Goof to give some more professional input.

It happens when I have Duelit set to duel only SD’s so I might have to mess with the settings but yeah, I’ll definitely try to recreate the problem and get some screenshots for you.

That’s the video I followed to offset the values but I’ll try it a few more times in case something went wrong.  In his video, the addresses started with 781’s but in the jp.konami.duellinks.txt file that I downloaded, it changes my values to start with 15F — is it the same way for you?

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

No, but for any reason NOX (or some systems) likes to move tables of some users, in that case you gotta find the addresses manually.
    I’m pretty sure this was discussed a few times here already.

GoofGoof
    Participant

You won’t find LP like that, the value is obfuscated…. As far as your deck goes, that top result was likely the deck address, but it’s 8 bytes off what GG was trying to load… Rather odd. Also when manually searching, most useful values are in C++.bss (Cb memory). You can tap the bottom of the GG search screen to change the regions you search in.

If you have a couple of things like deck, hand, enemy deck etc can you save them and send me the .txt? I can have more of a look tomorrow when I wake up….

Also, do your searches in PvP practice duels, they’re free, don’t waste keys or NPCs :)

zzyxzzyx
    Participant

@steilz – Ah okay I wasn’t sure if that was Duel Links or something else. 2/3 of the videos I saw had addresses starting in 7 so I just wanted to clear up the other point too.

@Goof
    – The first couple searches I didn’t have the memory range set properly but I’ll do some more tests with only C++.bss selected. And for sure, I’ll keep at it until I get it working and send you the .txt. For PvP practice duels, will other people know something’s up if I’m messing with memory values? That’s the only thing i’d be nervous about lol

GoofGoof
    Participant

Nope, PvP practice duels are against an NPC using the same deck as the guy you faced. Tap the name of someone in the ranked or casual duel log and select Practice Duel.

EDIT: For a wild stab in the dark, does this .txt file work for you?

[attachment=141]

zzyxzzyx
    Participant

Ah okay I see what you mean with the PvP duels now; it’s a lot more convenient to use it to test lol.

That .txt looked promising because a few addresses I recognized from my WIP list. Unfortunately I loaded it and only a few address values were working (My deck, cards in hand and enemy deck, cards in their hand). I’ll keep working on it to see which addresses work for my game. Thank you for the help so far!

Got it working after a bit of tinkering and some free time lol! It started by creating and playing test decks to track the spells and traps played, monsters summoned and special summoned.

SOLUTION: 

1. Updated GG to 8.27.0
    2. Loaded the original ‘jp.konami.duellinks.txt’
    3. Offset the first few values for Cards in Deck & Hand, Cards in Enemy Deck & Hand by -8
    4. Offset mostly everything else by -60 (for whatever reason my game’s addresses here were off by 60)
    5. Start a duel
    6. (Skipping the number of cards in hand/deck for you and your opponent
    Set and freeze desired values
    7. Wait for coinflip, wait for your turn 
    8. Set the number of cards in your + your opponent’s deck to 0
    9. End turn 
    10. Opponent will lose and you’ll get a DA score of 9000+ 

I’ll PM Goof my .txt file, let me know if anyone else needs it if they’re having the same issues as me. Thanks so much to Goof and steilz for helping out!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.