Skip to content

Cannot add or delete npc color code

Forums Members Area Bugreports Cannot add or delete npc color code

• Creator
    Topic
    newlife439newlife439
    Participant

Everytime I try to add or delete or replace the npc file with new values/new files it keeps reverting back to the one attached below.

Every values I added for Mai event therefore are useless and Duelit just would just skip Mai in duel world.

This has happened for several days. Yesterday, the file would be reverted back after a couple hours or when I tried to add new npc color but as of now it is getting worse and worse, every changes made to the npc color file are instantly reverted.

Pls help.

P/s: the forum won’t let me attach ini format, so I copied all the values to a new docx file instead
    Sorry, I accidentally clicked the report button instead of the edit one, silly me.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Is it possible that you are running multiple instances of duelit with different npccolor files?

If so, please try it with one instance.

I am currently on holiday and cant fix anything ’til wednesday.

newlife439newlife439
    Participant

Tried that already, no luck :(
    Even with one instance running, the npccolor wouldn’t let me add or delete anything.
    I even deleted all the file and downloaded the new duelit from the forum, let it ran to create new setting, gatefarm and npc color file, but still had the same problem.

Well, it’s a long shot but I’m calling it anyway.
    There probably is a limit of how many codes you can add to the npccolor file.
    Don’t know how many exactly, let’s say it’s 100 for example, when I add the 101, it would revert back to the attached file. Readd them and stop at exactly 100, then everything is fine.
    Can you extend this limit or something? Also how can I run multiple instance with one npccolor file? Does that mean I have to copy the 1st color file and replace the others with it? Meaning everytime I add a new color code to one of the instances, I would have to copy the file with the newly added code and overwrite the others???

GoofGoof
    Participant

Unlikely to be hitting a limit on 114 values, but not impossible depending on the backend I guess…

MattyMattMattMattyMattMatt
    Participant

Are you sure you aren’t running Duelit from a folder where it doesn’t have the rights to write to the file? That would be my guess.

GoofGoof
    Participant

When all else fails:

Code:
    sudo chmod -R 0777 ./*

/s (please don’t make this a habit)

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

There is a limit, but it’s 9999 characters atm

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

All npc search issues should be fixed with the v081 update

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.